To my family, friends, colleagues, co-workers and community:
I have been accepted to participate in an amazing trek across Iceland. This trek is to raise awareness and funds for the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, violence against women and children as well as prevention programs across Canada. This trek will be nearly 100 kms over 7 day through very rough terrain, volcanic lava fields, snow fields and more. We will be tenting in cool temperatures in small tents over this period. Some of our itinerary include hiking/trekking Landmannalaugar to Álftvatn (24kms) in one day, as well as trek Thórsmörk – Skogar (23 km) in one day. Days consist of rough terrain, unpredictable weather conditions and more.
I would absolutely love to have your support! I am raising a minimum of $5000 to be able to attend this once in a life time journey. 80% of proceeds I raise go to the local shelter in Saskatoon called the Saskatoon Interval House. The remaining 20% of funds raised goes to domestic violence prevention and teen healthy relationship programs across Canada. I will be paying for my own trip in full.
Please visit my page at the link below to read further details on this amazing journey to raise funds and awareness!
Thank you for all of your support in advance. I will be sure to keep you all posted on my training journey and short trips throughout the next year!